Director of Nursing – LTC
Friend Manor seeks qualified applicants for the position of DON for a 51 bed LTC Facility. Individual will be responsible for supervising LTC nursing staff and maintaining quality care for residents. Must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Nebraska and prefer at least one year of supervisory experience in a long term care facility.
As a Director of Nursing, you will work under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer and will be responsible for the administration and management of Nursing Services to residents in accordance with orders of the physicians and total needs of the elders. The Director of Nursing is responsible for 24-hour supervisor of Nursing Services.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for coordinating plans for the total care of each resident which comply with physician’s orders, governmental regulations and facility resident care policies.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation, training and dismissal of nursing personnel.
- Assists in controlling nursing service hours and supply costs, including recommendation for the number and type of nursing personnel to be employed and nursing service equipment and supply needs.
- Participates in admission and discharge planning process for residents.
- Maintains contact with physicians as necessary according to resident needs, facility policies and governmental regulations.
- Evaluates performance of nursing personnel reporting to her/him and maintains evaluation records.
- Coordinates nursing service with other resident care services provided; such as physician, dietary, occupational, physical and speech therapies, resident activities, social service, medical records and business office.
- Assures that a resident Plan of Care is established for each resident and that the plan is reviewed and modified as needed.
- Encourages staff development and professional growth.
- Track outcomes, identify areas for improvement, and implement plans of correction.
- Adheres to Company standards for resolving consumer concerns.
- Ensures that all resident rights are protected.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Skills
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing approved by the State of Nebraska as a Registered Nurse. BSN required.
- 5 years of experience in nursing management required. A minimum of 3 years management experience in a geriatric setting.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to react decisively in all high stress situations
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with today’s technology and communicate effetely with residents, families, doctors and leadership
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple projects and leverage teams for best result.
- Discount on medical services for employees and their immediate family members
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- PTO (holiday, vacation, sick)
- Paid retirement plan (457B )
- Wellness program
- Educational assistance program
- Short and long term disability
- Family Friendly
- And MUCH more!
Warren Memorial Hospital offers a competitive, experience based wage scale and comprehensive benefit package.
Send Application & Resume to:
Human Resource Department
905 2nd Street
Friend, NE 68359
Email : email@example.com
Or Fax to:
For Questions, Call:
WARREN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Warren Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Warren Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To receive more information regarding our community please click here.